Clapham Junction celebrates 150 years
By batterseamum4 | Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 15:00
Back in January the London Underground turned 150 years old and this month on 2 March Clapham Junction station is also celebrating this milestone birthday. A commemorative project has been launched in celebration of the anniversary.
In the spirit of celebrating "then and now", the team behind the "CJ150 project" have produced a limited edition, souvenir Oystercard holder to give away.
As part of the celebrations the organising team have launched the "Our Future Our Past" photographic initiative. Send your pictures of different places and spaces in and around the station and they could become part of a very special exhibition. All the photographs in this exhibition will have Victorian characters inserted into them - the reverse of the image above, which has modern figures inserted into an old photo of the entrance to the station. This project will celebrate the Victorian and the modern, co-existing side by side in our city.
To submit a photograph for the project, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and the artists will populate the photograph with people from the past. Photos taken in the morning light without use of flash will work best for this project and will most likely be included in the final exhibition. Please remember to email the highest resolution version possible; smart phone photos will be accepted. Not all photos submitted will be used - the organisers will let you know if your image has been selected and once it has been edited, it will be returned to you via email, for your own use. A small selection of the edited images will be chosen for the final exhibition, which will be hosted in Battersea in July.
This project is being coordinated and sponsored by the Clapham Junction Town Centre Partnership, in conjunction with South West Trains and long established Battersea Estate Agent Bullman Booth, located on St John's Hill.
Terms & Conditions of the "Our Future Our Past" Photo Project:
- Enter as many times as you like – no need to use multiple email addresses to enter more than once
- There is no prize or payment for entries - all copyright of images submitted to this project, belongs to the organisers
- Photos in the morning light and without the use of a flash are preferable
- We will inform those entrants via email and/or telephone if your image has been selected to be used
- You must be age 18+ to enter
- Entries will be accepted from 4th March 2013 until 1st May 2013
- The organisers reserve the right to change these t's & c's at any time